Brown "bugs" Infestation In Aquarium. Please Help

joeylive222

Reaction score
hi all-
I suddenly have some type of infestation in my aquarium. It is what appears to be SUPER tiny brown bugs floating all over the water, sticking to the sides, in the gravel and even on my Oscar (see attached pic). In the past two days they have gotten worse. Its like it is snowing brown dots in my tank.

75 gallon tank:
77-79 degrees
1 Albino Oscar (for 1.5 yrs)
1 Pleco (1.5 yrs)
NO live plants (so i have no idea where the they are coming from)

I researched a bit online but to identify on most sites i would need to know what these things look like under a microscope and i dont. they are like tiny brown dots floating and crawling. they are NOR worm like and dont appear to be great swimmers.. more just floating around and crawling when they find something to land on.

They are sticking even to my fish. he/she doesnt seem to be bothered at all or acting any differently, but they are getting annoying and pretty unpleasant to look at.

oscar.JPGAny ideas?

weird, i have flea like things that hang on the top of my tank because i have water lettuce, but never go to the fish or spread. Don't know what they are, but die and come back, but never over run.
I wouldn't know what it would be, but try adding salts to the water for around a week (don't go crazy on salts lol) then if nothing happens do around a 50% water change and treat for parasites. See if that will do anything. Not 100% what they are, but would do that if I had those.

hi all-
I suddenly have some type of infestation in my aquarium. It is what appears to be SUPER tiny brown bugs floating all over the water, sticking to the sides, in the gravel and even on my Oscar (see attached pic). In the past two days they have gotten worse. Its like it is snowing brown dots in my tank.

75 gallon tank:
77-79 degrees
1 Albino Oscar (for 1.5 yrs)
1 Pleco (1.5 yrs)
NO live plants (so i have no idea where the they are coming from)

I researched a bit online but to identify on most sites i would need to know what these things look like under a microscope and i dont. they are like tiny brown dots floating and crawling. they are NOR worm like and dont appear to be great swimmers.. more just floating around and crawling when they find something to land on.

They are sticking even to my fish. he/she doesnt seem to be bothered at all or acting any differently, but they are getting annoying and pretty unpleasant to look at.

View attachment 72978Any ideas?
Hi, i know im late but this is for future reference, those little "bugs" are just some sort of shrimp(i know they dont look like shrimp) they are harmless to your fish and will actually help to keep the tank cleaner! But if you want to kill them you can put an uv sterilizer in your filter compartment and it will kill them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back