Broken air pump. Will by guppies be ok for a few days?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Guppylover3x

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Iā€™ve unfurtunatley snapped my ornament that connects to my air pump by pulling it to hard during cleaning time. Iā€™ve ordered a new ornament and the matching pump for it as the other one was a little strong. Will be guppies be ok for a few days? Iā€™ve noticed some gasping at the surface I imagine this is them trying to get oxygen. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

it will help to do a 50% water change

Thank you for your response. I have been carrying out daily water changes of 50 - 70% per day because I had a spike of ammonia thatā€™s now settled. I tried to disconnect the ornament today to clean and itā€™s got stuck and snapped. Do you mean I should perform another water change today? If I continue to carry our 50% water changes per day until the pump arrives would this be ok? I do keep live plants so Iā€™m hoping these are providing a little bit of oxygen for them. Many thanks.

Last edited:
I have 7 male guppies in a 10 gallon. I was a bit worried because I introduced another 4 baby males a few days ago. Many thanks for your help.

What filtration are you using?

Was curious, because the filtration system can produce oxygenation..

You can lower the water level a bit, but that will cause some splashing which will increase the oxygenation a bit.

Was curious, because the filtration system can produce oxygenation..

You can lower the water level a bit, but that will cause some splashing which will increase the oxygenation a bit.

Thank you for your response. I can confirm I did do this on the last day before the pump arrived. The guppies are a lot happier now with their bubbles back! Many thanks for all your help :)

Most reactions

Back