Bri's 106Litres-28 gallon tank.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Lovely aquascaping! Looked like a load of fun too lol.
Thx babes. :thanks:
I didn't want over do it...lol you can get carried away thinking "ohhhh that's not a lot of plants!" until a few weeks time....boooshh:rofl:
But the boring part comin up, cycle it, and the excitement at the end for:fish:'s
Keeps saying it, the lamp comes tomorrow & my Dr. Tims Ammonia.
lataz

Wow... you def have aquascaping skills...,coming along fantastcally.. be sure to enter totm contest at some point.. and vote in May’s contest which just got started.

Thx babes. :thanks:
I didn't want over do it...lol you can get carried away thinking "ohhhh that's not a lot of plants!" until a few weeks time....boooshh:rofl:
lataz
Story of my life! :rolleyes:

I usually end up ordering that many myself, they all get scattered all over the show because I don’t know where to start lol

Last edited:
02-05-19
A better pic (bit over done with Light room, I re-learning again:rofl:)
y4IxUBv.jpg

Should have a pic when the lamp comes today...but as youll imaging the tank is cloudy lol.
Day 2 of Bio boost in.
eventually when I get my ammonia I'll start the cycle proper (readings), you know what I mean lol.

:S
Story of my life! :rolleyes:

I usually end up ordering that many myself, they all get thrown in all over the show because I don’t know where to start lol
:rofl::rofl:
Remember this show?
kNzULNv.jpg

TOP....MIDDLE..OR BOTTOM! he used to say!
Bear with me!!!
I use the old, Foreground, middle & background
Foreground carpet plants etc....and so on.
fnWC2ry.jpg

uUY0HUz.jpg

But I reckon you knew that! soz my brain isn't ticking lol been up since half four.
That's my excuse...lol.
TBC

Morning all,
As usual the tank after being cloudy it’s starting to clear.
Day three of the bio boost...no point in dosing ammonia yet. Chuffed the Ph is constant (7.4) and for all I could ramp the temp up with the fishless cycle I’ll not...(one else thing to worry about if my brain doesn’t work at the time of putting the fish in!!) imagine if I dint adjust the temp!! OMG..
Well the missing piece of the puzzle should be here today!! The lamp!! Keep saying day after day!! Same old Evilbay seller stating despatched, 2-3 working day’s and in fact just a ploy!!
Ohhh well use to patients...had to be.
Tbh, it’s crazy in this hobby already planning a tank for the sitting room! Hehe!
Think that one is going to be angel fish, a few cory’s and Enders guppy’s..a few neons..stop it brian getting carried away!
Right onto the wait for the lamp..seems it’s been delivered from outer rings of Saturn by a one winged albatross!
TBC
Bri

Day 3.
Ammonia about 0.25PPM....so its a good start.
Not rushing anthing, just let the tank cycle take over.
The Filter is doing a good job TBH, so far.
But my prob for the 3 days is the heater, its an old one (100w) has the segments dial...ok I know itll takes ages to sort (dial) the temp, I've gor 2 temp gauges and my Lazer pointer.
Reading 22C, and the dial I set on 28..now 30 (to see the progress).
Circulating current of flow is good, but like anything could be better..hmm!
EARLY DAYS! ;)
Ill check the temp tomorrow and see where we at.
Thinking out loud. Putting a double sponge filter opposite side from the main filter.
ok! never get enough filtration, if I turn the out pipe away it'll aids on calculation and I've have a ready made filter cycled for another tank..or breeding tank(s).
Already have 3 sponge filters setups anyways (filters, air line, check valves & air pumps)
But as I always say....taking it slow and enjoy the ride.
:thanks:for viewing.

04-05-19
Day 4.
All good.
the Ammonia is about 3-4ppm now.
Nitrate showing 0.25ppm.
Six hours of light.
Bri

05-05-19
day 5.
Good morning all,
The other day mentioned the Heater situation.????
Ok, ive looked at the ambient temp in the room, water circulation (great) position of the heater, submerged propely, setting right temp (want 26c), temp gauges 3 (including my later whatsitchops) all say average 21-23.
The subtrate is lower average 18C.
For a day, ramped the temp to max (34c) this is a 100w heater.
still low 21C average.
Apart gertting another one more powerfull, or two is there something you can factor that I've missed or doing wrong??? TBH! for 'Normal' people may seem obvious, but it 'Me':rofl:.
Any guidance/help be much appreciated before I venture on buying another.

BTW The Ammonia has creeped up about 5ppm & the Nitite still 0.25ppm.
Apart from all that, i'm happy with the lighting, the filtration.
But a niggle on my mind looking back on the loads of tanks I've set up my substrate thickness is prob OTT!
Tetra Active substrate, mixed blight blue/black gravel & black gravel....average 5-6cm thick.
Anyways before I bore you to sleep, appreciate any guidance.:thanks:
Happy Sunday.

06-05-19
Day 6.
my ammonia remains 3ppm, but the Nitrites are at 0ppm...no Nitrates.
pH remaims 7.4.
Ordered a new heater (this time 150w with a guard) as the temp wont reach higher than 20c average.
Moved the heater middle and 45 degree, and all over.
But for my limited brain power, I think the heater is faulty:(
Looking at a fresh pair of eyes this morning, and if you can agree maybe the Nitrosomonas bacteria needs to munch oxidise the Ammonia and measure Nitrites?
My option (I hope) is dose maybe to 3ppm Ammonia daily....until nitrites is measured.
Then wait to Nitrobacter bacteria get munching for the Nitrate measurement.
As I said in my intro, volumes, weights and anything with Numbers I struggle:(
But I'll get there, the memories come back in time.:rofl:
Once the readings are present, I dose ammonia daily and if the Ammonia and Nitrites are zero say 3 day convective (and the Nitrates are up the scale).
a big water change and ASSUME! the cycle is done ????
Is this right lol?
Bri

Day 7.
07-05-19
Amm 3PPM
Nitrites 0.25PPM.
No dosing, watch the Amm drop, Nitrates come up.
Once zero Amm, i'll doze daily n watch the result. need zero in 24hrs.
Fitted a double sponge filter, eventually be in one of the small tanks.
XNKgi7k.jpg

Day 8.
08-05-19.
Ammonia is holding 3PPM
but the Nitrites are slowly from 0.50-1.0PPM.
Nitrates a shift from Yellow up to 5.0PPM (slightly)
Estimated delivery of the new heater tomorrow....so they say!:dunno:
A slight change of the tank.
i'm kicking myself putting the white gravel:no:
But i'll live with it.
From
XP27mDR.jpg

To
Add sponge filter for now & tried moss here n there and opened the middle showing more white..hope the carpet will grow:rofl:
uAp9Pbe.jpg

Bri

thx pal,
Before I got ill years ago I was heavy into aquscaping think some off what I done I remembered lol.
But now just enjoy it, instead off stressing getting this and that perfect.
Still thick over done the substrate lol.

Bri

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back