Bright fish that can live together in a 14 gallon tank?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I agree with Nick, but my reason for posting is more on your "bright" fish...see if you can find the other "lambchop" I mentioned, Trigonostigma hengeli, rather than T. espei. The copper-coloured blotch above the "axe" is luminous much like the 'neon" line, and quite stunning when the fish are in a planted tank with a good cover of floating plants. Floating plants always make fish more "relaxed" and brighter colours result. But this is quite a beauty. Photo attached.

Attachments

• Trigonostigma hengeli1.jpg
    Trigonostigma hengeli1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Trigonostigma hengeli2.jpg
    Trigonostigma hengeli2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 53
Actually I prefer the espei!

But still worried they might pick on or be picked on by my cardinal tetras

What about chilli or dwarf rasboras?

Actually I prefer the espei!

But still worried they might pick on or be picked on by my cardinal tetras

No, not very likely, unless something stresses them out. Any fish, no matter how peaceful, can become aggressive as a reaction to severe stress, so I can't say "no" emphatically. But I would certainly never expect trouble with these species.

What about chilli or dwarf rasboras?

I think these were mentioned back when discussions of this tank first arose. These are "nano" type fish, and ideally suited to smaller tanks. There are several species (six or seven if memory serves me) in the genus Boraras, and all are lovely. B. brigittae are the "chilli" I think, and B. maculatus is sometimes called the dwarf rasbora. I have both. No problems combining these with either cardinals or lambchop. The Boraras tend to remain in the upper third of the tank. Must have floating plants or they will be stressed. Lower plants that reach the surface will suffice, but there must be some surface cover from whichever.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back