Breeding Pygmy Cories...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

well done hun, i have 9 pygmys in with a betta, do you think they would spawn? probably not, but there are a few of different sizes so defo got a few males and a few females.
I may get 3 more, for a 12 group. they are so funny when they shoal

Here's another update...
After doing a w/c etc on adult tank and saving the water to check for fry i came across 30 + eggs in the water :rolleyes:
So i saved them into a net,here's the eggs,there's 4 hatched at the moment.

And here's 3 of the juvi's i spotted :)

Pygmy juvi's - here's 3 of them i spotted

Eggs are a hatching - upto 19 new fry at the moment,still around 10 eggs to go :)

Update - pygmys was spawning until the end of last week,whether this heatwave have affected them? the tank went up to 27 degrees,anyway its cooled down a bit here now...

On the fry front theres 13 fry i could count growing well in the fry tank and 5 juvi in with the adults which are around 7/8 weeks old now.

ive a 90 ltr fully planted tank (low lights plants)with 4 apple snails and 14 pygmys ...well shock horror lol cleaning the filter out tonight and took out 31 baby cories phew did not see a single egg in the tank and now looking in the tank lol theres loads of little round white eggs whhaaa a good reason to go buy another tank wife will be very very happy lol not .....

:lol: - wow congrats on finding your fry in the filter :good:

I gave mine a clean yesterday and found 10 eggs ,just hatching 6 fry so far,and i've clocked new eggs laid today,so they're back on track :lol:

lol loads more eggs today but this time i can see them as they are on the front of the tank lol

Fab news- congrats :good:

I've found pygmy corys don't normally touch the eggs but i've had loads of fry hatch out in there,but they kept disappearing,i was told pygmy adults don't normally eat the fry,but i have tons of hiding holes,but the fry weren't surviving,so i have my suspicions the adults were eating them,after transferring the ones i spot in the fry tank,they seem to be doing ok :nod:

HAHA you have a good collection of corys now. Very cool little babies. good luck with the fry I'm sure you will do well. :good:

Thanks snowflake :)

They're doing well at the mo. 5 juvi's with the adults and around 15 fry varying from 1 week to 6 weeks old :good:

Here's a update pic of my wee pygmy juvi's,little so n so's keep hiding away,but here's a few a caught on camera :)

Here's a video,i spotted an habrosus fry in there also,is the one swimming around in the video :)

Hi Harlequins :)

I enjoyed watching the video as much as if I were watching one of my own tanks. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back