Breeding Pygmy Cories...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Reaction score
I have 10 pygmys in a 30l tank with live plants,temp 24 degrees,now the intention is to breed them...

But after the first few days they seem to have taken hiding out amongst the plants instead of shoaling :unsure:

They get fed bbs & mini granules but don't seem keen to come out of hiding...any ideas anyone please.

Also whats the best way to start them breeding? ,is cold w/c the only way to go??

Thanks

Well I heard news that they may have bred by now? ;) Perhaps they were just getting used to the new tank hon and making plans of eggs :lol:

:lol: thanks hun :)

Yep i can now say my pygmys have spawned :hyper: Saved 3 eggs ,lost a 4th :rolleyes: ,so fingers crossed they hatch ok.

I don't think they'll be impressed if i take the tank apart looking for eggs :lol:

I so hope they will hatch :) How long did your eggs take to hatch?

:hyper: Oooo just checked pygmys,they're very active again...

They took about 3 days if i recall! Though most the time I found the fry instead on the bottom of the tank xxx

Hi Harlequins :)

You got eggs pretty fast with them. I'll be eagerly watching their progress. :D

Thanks Amy & inchworm :)

Update- found a further 25 ish eggs,lost a few more in the tank,think there may be more in there,the eggs were appearing everywhere!!! :hyper:

harlequins u never dissapoint!! its not a surprise u didnt breed these ones. u should call the guiness world record place and tell them all this.you will be a shoe in for the 2011 book!!

So harlequins what did you do to get them to breed?
Good luck with the hatching and raising i just love the little pygmys

Thanks all :)

Well thought i made a mistake in moving them from the main tank,because they kept hiding in the smaller tank,but just goes to show...

Floyds mum-I didn't do anything special to start them,i gave them a 10% cold w/c and fed them on bbs and came home to eggs a few days later :nod:

Even i'm surprised :lol:

Excellent, Harlequins :thumbs: It just goes to show that when they are ready they will spawn. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back