Breeding Green Spotted Puffer.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No one has successfully bred a GSP in captivity, it is near impossible to sex the two and impossible to breed them. They travel upstream to FW to have their spawn, then go back to the sea, over a course of 2 or so years..

thats not true godric I dont no how but a story on the internet said a LFS worker took a pregnant one home that was pregnated in the shop. And it is said to be possible i just wonder how to do it

According to my Aqualog book, it is a substrate spawner with the male guarding the eggs until they hatch.

Unfortunately, the book gives no indication of conditions for getting your puffers to breed in the first place.

All texts I've read support the idea of GSPs migrating from FW/light BW birth to SW and then back to BW to spawn.

I suppose the trick would be to keep them in a large Salt water tank (like say a 500 gallon in a long configuration) than every day removeing some of your salt water and replaceing i with fresh untill they spawn thats how it works with monos and scats. as for the pregnant story They are egg layers so I think you heard wrong they cant get pregnant and the fertilization is external.

Most reactions

trending

Back