Breeding and rearing betta fry

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

i have three females that i was planning on breeding but i have only one male, ideally i would like to have the three females spawn at the same time so i could focus my attention on all of the fry at the same time, would the male be able to cope or is this a cpmletely bad idea, i havent tried this yet as im unsure if its safe for the male, thanks guys

i got sad coz i have a veiltale and just bought some females to breed.

then i remembered hes a crowntail lol!!

Hi I read your topic and I just wanted to know how to create microworms and infusoria.

Should I feed infusoria for the first week or microworms?

And can you feed flake food or little pieces of frozen larvae when they need to eat something meatier because I cant get bbs.

Is there another thing that I could feed to betta frys?

Thanks for your help.

sorry about this, i know this sounds really stupid but when you move your fry to jars to separate them don't they need heated water or can they live in water that has no heating, i am just reading as much info as i can to learn as much as possible. :blush:

i am considering this, but i have a few questions.

1. i live in the US will i be able to sell the fry easily? where and how?
  2. will this ever pay off the cost of the equipment needed?
  3. could i breed one male with a few females?

Simple airline siphon trick: put the hose into a plastic water bottle then suck on the top of the bottle and pinch the airline to transfer the siphon to your bucket.

Hi

I am Gowri Shankar. I am in India. I've got a batch of fries for the first time. People say I should feed them BBS. But they are not available in my store at present. My friends suggests me to feed them powdered yolk of hard boiled egg. Is it a good choice?

My fries are 8 hours old at present, most of them are at the bottom & their father takes them to the nest but they are not latching on to the nest. Is this regular????

Thanks

Hi

I am Gowri Shankar. I am in India. I've got a batch of fries for the first time. People say I should feed them BBS. But they are not available in my store at present. My friends suggests me to feed them powdered yolk of hard boiled egg. Is it a good choice?

My fries are 8 hours old at present, most of them are at the bottom & their father takes them to the nest but they are not latching on to the nest. Is this regular????

Thanks

Hey, Will they be OK in jars or what, i thought they need to be kept warm, little confused here.

T

Hey, Will they be OK in jars or what, i thought they need to be kept warm, little confused here.

T

They are fine in jars, just keep in mind the smaller the jar, the higher the chance of Water-Changing atleast 2 or more times a day.
Fot a 1L Jar, daily water changes of ideally 2 are needed. So for 2L you just need to do 1 Water-Change a day. To keep the temperature stable just keep them in a warm room, of atleast 24C, but 26C is ideal :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back