Brackish Tidal Tank With Gobies

Mads said:
Nice. hand pick seedlings
smile.png
take some for me next time
smile.png
Sure thing. I'm flying to Fiji tomorrow, there are not red mangroves there, but another species of Rhizophora. I'll check custom regulations, and if allowed, you'll get your share!

Wow, your BBG looks big! How big is it?

Cheers

Maurizio

Wauw Fiji sounds like a nice job you got :) end perfect for this hobby.

The mudskippers are around 8-12 cm long. Do you have mudskippers?

Cheers

Nope, no skippers.... I wanted them so much, but I'd been recommended not to put them in a tank with any other fish, so I opted for what I have now. Originally I had the 3 archers and a bunch of Parambassis ranga, which never grew enough to be safe with their big companions. Indeed, they died for different reasons one by one, so now I got the rainbows, which don't really comply with my original plan...
confused.gif

Hehe jep mudskippers are sure killers of especially small fish that can fit in their mouths. I lost six blue bellied gobies a couple of weeks ago to the mudskippers. very expensive meal for the mudskippers! They are very clumpsy, but sometimes they become very very accurate and fast!

Indeed! I believe they can be fed crickets or other small insects. Have you tried that?

I'm in Fiji right now, looots of mangroves here. I hope the place I'm going tomorrow will allow access, and perhaps collection of some seedlings. 
photo.gif
If not, I'll at least enlarge my photo collection!

Sounds nice with a trip to fiji :) The mudskippers love mealworm. they really love living things as small bugs and crickets :)

Enjoy fiji :)

It's preferable not to start new subjects in old ones that have been resolved. It makes it easier for people responding :)

I have provided a response to your mudskipper thread :)

Most reactions

trending

Back