Bought some plants need ID please

FatGoatWalks

Reaction score
I called in at the LFS tonight with a view to simply picking up some more Amazon Swords...but was tempted buy these which the sales assistant was unable to identify:

IMG_0549.jpg

Is this Water Wysteria or Water Sprite?

IMG_0548.jpg

Don't know what this is but it's really fragile, the stems breaking off at the slightest touch.

IMG_0547.jpg

And this is a lovely plant, the name of which is completely beyond me.

Any help would be gratefully received.

First is water wisteria, second might be some sort of rotala? Not too sure on the 2nd one.

As for the third, I'm thinking penny wort.

Photo 1 is Wisteria, Hygrophila difformis. A lovely plant, but need good light and nutrients.

Photo 2 is likely a Bacopa species, not sure exactly which as I have never had these.

Edit: Demeter posted as I was typing...I won't argue about Rotala as another possible for this plant. Can't tell which from the photo.

Photo 3 is I think a Pennywort, Hydrocotyle species, possibly H. leucocephala (Brazilian Pennywort). Will manage with less intense light than many stem plants. All these are stem plants.

Byron.

Thanks guys :) I'm hopeful that now I'm using some ferts and there are a few more fish in the tank that maybe these plants will start to thrive. The Pennywort is far more attractive than its name would suggest, hope I can get this spreading.

2nd plant is very likely a bacopa, monnieri I belive, picture makes it kind of hard to be 100% cerrtain, but I am 90% sure its a bacopa.

I have that plant in one of my tanks, does not grow all that much tbh. Nice little stem plant though but dont expect it to grow into a nuch bunch or anything.

The other two has already been identified by Demeter and Byron which I do concur with incidently.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back