BOUGHT A NEW TANK ,HELP!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

JaygoExotics

Reaction score
okay fish lovers I recently bought a new tank online I bought it as it came with everything and was cheap but one problem it came with 10 little angel fish they seem to get along but only eat bloodworm Iā€™m just wondering how long I can keep them together being territorial fish to an extent and also how long till they pair I have a live plant in the tank along with one ornament heater filter etc wS just wondering whatā€™s the best route to take hereā€™s a photo and I would like opinions on the best route to go thanks , the tank came as it is Iā€™m experienced in guppies but of course these are a little different

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 140
Hi and welcome to the forum if I haven't already said that somewhere else :)

Aren't they cute, the little angels can stay together until they decide to kill each other. That should be a while away as they don't normally mature and form prs until about 8-12 months of age. Those are probably about 2 months old.

Add some other food to their diets. Bloodworms are not a balanced diet. Offer little bits of flake, and other types of frozen foods like prawn or fish.

I like the mug with the plant. I have never thought of doing that but it's cool :)
It looks like there is narrow Vallis and an Amazon Sword plant in the cup. You could probably separate them and replant them so they have more room.

Give the tank a month to settle down before adding any new fish. Do regular water changes (50-75% several times a week) and gravel clean the substrate so the baby angels can grow faster. Feed them well 3-4 times per day with a variety of food. Keep the water temperature around 26C (79F).

Hello Colin once again back to answer my question and thatā€™s good to hear I was just double checking everything was in order and I will separate the plants so they grow more and I quite like the idea of a planted aquarium, and I have flakes but they donā€™t seem to want to eat them the guy I bought them off said thatā€™s what he was feeding them so I just continued that as I was concerned because they completely ignore the flakes I gave them

If the fish have only been fed bloodworms it will take a few days to weeks before they accept new foods. Just offer them little bits of flake, pellet, frozen food and let them try it. They will probably spit the food out a few times but after a day or so without bloodworms, they will be hungry enough to swallow the flake and other foods you offer.

If they don't eat any other foods after 48 hours then give them a good feed of bloodworms and then try other foods again.

Syphon/ remove any uneaten food after feeding them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back