Bottom Feeders

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

winterpeg

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon tank with two neon tetra and two male guppies. According to what I read I am at the max of what I can keep in there. If I can squeeze one more in there I would like a bottom feeder that will help clean the gravel up, what kind of fish are out there that live on the bottom and clean up the mess of the other fish.

No fish cleans up other fishes waste if that is what you are asking. I can not think of any viable bottom feeders for a tank of this size. I'm not sure about the guppies but i would say this tank is too small for the tetras and they should also be in a shoal

Did not realize that about the tetras, lesson learned for next time.

No I was not talking about cleaning up waste, more the food that makes it past the other fish.

I have a 5 gallon tank with two neon tetra and two male guppies. According to what I read I am at the max of what I can keep in there. If I can squeeze one more in there I would like a bottom feeder that will help clean the gravel up, what kind of fish are out there that live on the bottom and clean up the mess of the other fish.

For a tank this size shrimp maybe? Any neocaridina species like cherry shrimp is hardy enough as long as you are careful dechlorinating the water properly and never add any copper based medications in case anything happens.

Must Admit, I too think the tank size is too small for Neons. Why not take the neons and guppies back, and look at micro species of fish

I.E. Micro Rasboras

Of These Endlers if you into your guppies

Then have around 10 Cherry shrimp in there :good:

Just a suggestion

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back