Bottom feeders for nano tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think snails get bad rap. I think if you keep up with tank maintenance and feed live stock properly its hard to get over ran. But then again everyones definition of over ran will be different. I have mts, pond, and ramshorn.

Too some I guess id have a snail problem. But I enjoy watching them they eat algae and dead plant material. And areate my eco complete.
I probably have maybe 35 or so in a 10g. But if you have alot of plants. You still have to look for them lol.
Snails are a natural part of an aquatic eco system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, that's what I'm worried about with snails, them getting out of control in numbers :/

That has always been my issue as well with my little 6 gallon. In a bigger tank I wouldn't mind as I could get fish that would eat them. But the only fish a 6 gallon can handle certainly can't contain a snail infestation!

I worried when I saw the baby assassins and even asked my neighbor if he'd want them when they got big enough to transfer. But it never came to that as they all disappeared very quickly.

My nerite is a wonderful cleaner upper and super pretty and fun to watch. It cleaned my entire tank with in it's first two days of the annoying green algae that sort of puts a film on everything.
And like I mentioned, since I have no others it's never even laid one little egg.

That has always been my issue as well with my little 6 gallon. In a bigger tank I wouldn't mind as I could get fish that would eat them. But the only fish a 6 gallon can handle certainly can't contain a snail infestation!

I worried when I saw the baby assassins and even asked my neighbor if he'd want them when they got big enough to transfer. But it never came to that as they all disappeared very quickly.

My nerite is a wonderful cleaner upper and super pretty and fun to watch. It cleaned my entire tank with in it's first two days of the annoying green algae that sort of puts a film on everything.
And like I mentioned, since I have no others it's never even laid one little egg.

I got one snail in the end, nerite snail! Good so far and cleaning all my algae :D thanks :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back