Bottom feeder

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

markdelong2017

Reaction score
I want to have a couple of bottom feeders. I have a 54litre tank with 6 forktailed rainbow fish and a Betta. Any ideas what would be the best fit to go with what I have

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What are the dimensions of the tank, and is your water hard or soft?

A 54L tank is usually 60x30cm, so i'll use that as a reference. In this size, you could quite easily keep a small group of small Corydoras. The only thing you'd need to check is the temperature that you keep your tank at, because some Corydoras sp. like Corydoras Panda prefer more temperate tanks. These, as do most bottom-feeders, also prefer soft sand, as sharp silicates can damage their barbels.

Agree. If you do get cories, you want at minimum five, preferably six or seven; they are very social and will be stressed with fewer. If you get thee "dwarf" species, at least 9. Sand is essential. And temperature matters as mentioned. So our suggestion of cories may or may not be practical.

I have a 54litre tank with 6 forktailed rainbow fish and a Betta.

Betta's aren't really community fish, he should be in a tank on his own - preferably a 5 gallon.

Even though it's worked up until now there is no guarantee that it will continue to do so. Also adding in more fish could upset the equilibrium. My advice would be to get the betta set up in his own tank then think about adding in more fish.

Odd...in reading this thread now, I was sure I had previously mentioned the Betta issue, which sarahp correctly states. Must have edited the post somehow...regardless, she is correct.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back