Borneo Sucker

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I adore these little guys even if a lot of people do confuse them for catfish instread of being the loaches they are. Normally you would hear the word loach and think long and generally thin or at least long and chunky and raviness snail eaters. Well Borneo Suckers dont fit into either catagory as far as I have observed. And even though the available inforamtion on these guys says that plants are not important to them I beg to differ. I find my Borneo Suckers love to hang out hehind large plant clumps planted along the back of the tank, and on the large leaves of other plants. I also find that snails dont seem to be a major part of their diet, unless they are eating tiny newborn snails. These guys are also quite brave, the tank they live in also houses Dwarf Neon Rainbows, Threadfin Rainbows , Desert Rainbows, Riffle Shrimp , Chameleon Shrimp and rather large gangs of Corydoras, and most recently Notopala snails. Now some of my oldest biggest peppered Corys could rival an Emerald Cory for size, so although they are peaceful they are like mini bulldozers and would normally scare smaller fish just because of their size and food hunt minds. This size difference doesn't seem to bother the Borneo Suckers and I regularly see them emerge from their usual haunts to claim their share of a desired food right in the middle of a gang of guzzling corydora.
So here is one of my little treasures, peaceful, quirky and interesting to watch. Just never be the poor person tasked to catch one, then they truly live up to their loach family and move quicker than a blink of the eye.

The snail is one of the many notopala snails now living in the tank

I forgot they also share their tank with another peaceful inhabitant otocinclus

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back