Book Recommendations

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Something'sfishy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

With Christmas approaching, I thought I'd put a couple books on tropical fish and plants on my list for Santa.
santa.gif
yes.gif
All I've got now is "Exotic Aquarium Fishes" from when I kept fish back in the 80's! Although it's still good for general information, I'm sure there are some great up-to-date ones.

What books do you find really useful?
fish.gif

Thanks in advance!

'Mini Encyclopaedia of the Tropical Aquarium' by Gina Sandford is handy as a starter. Books generally become quickly outdated, the interweb is the best place in my opinion.

Depending on if you're interested in general info or specialized info...

Thanks for the replies!

Tuxyu3 - I'll check out the book you mentioned. I agree the internet is a great information source, but l find a good book is handy to have, too.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a general reference.

Personally I'd search amazon for freshwater aquarium fish books. Then wish list the ones you like.

the " {blank} for dummies" i have one it is on freshwater aquariums but there HUNDREDS of subjects i will ask for some for christmas too

also its very helpful abd great check them out

Good idea about Amazon, Thereverendturtle. I've actually looked there before, but they had so many choices with decent reviews, it was hard to narrow it down. Maybe they're all pretty comparable, and I'll just pick a few that look good.

I enjoy the Dummies books, too, Animal Lover 2000. That would definitely be a "smart" addition to my list!
laugh.png
yes.gif

thanks.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back