Bloodworms Hurt Me, But Maggots Are My Friend!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

after a few beers I'm sure there would be plenty of dares about tweezers and bug zappers :)

Reminds me when I was in scotland, in a bakers, they had this electic bug zapper and the mother of all flies must have flown into it, as the cracking sound that was given off made half the shop jump. Couldn't believe it, I expected a low hum but this was like God was stiking it down.

i feed daphnea, glass worm, tubifex and bloodworm.

Why do you feel the need to play with the blood worm before feeding it? cant you just mix it up onto a spoon and feed it - especially if its defrosted?

i defrost the blood worm, run it through a net to get rid of the chemicals tip the worms in a cup add garlic to prevent any illness's and then use a spoon to add the desired amounts to my tank.

:good: standing by bug zappers is fun

:sick: i HATE maggots!!! a word of advice:dont get them mixed up with rice when your having a curry!!!!!

i defrost the blood worm, run it through a net to get rid of the chemicals tip the worms in a cup add garlic to prevent any illness's and then use a spoon to add the desired amounts to my tank.

I never heard of adding garlic. I usually just thaw out the bloodworms in a mug with some tank water in it, then dump it all in the tank. Is that dangerous to do? (for the fish, not the unsuspecting person who sees their mug near the tank)

:sick: i HATE maggots!!! a word of advice:dont get them mixed up with rice when your having a curry!!!!!

niiiiiiiiiice images thanks! :sick:

Me too. I'm a keen Fisherman and used to fish with Worms/Maggots all the time. For some reason now I cant stand them or any other wiggly blind creatures. I have resorted to asking my young cousins to put the bait on the hook for me or using feathers and going Sea fishing.

They make me feel :sick:

That said, nice one off treat for your fish.

I never heard of adding garlic. I usually just thaw out the bloodworms in a mug with some tank water in it, then dump it all in the tank. Is that dangerous to do? (for the fish, not the unsuspecting person who sees their mug near the tank)

i defrost the live food in tank water before i drain it out - its best to drain it out as the chemicals added to preserve the food can encourage algae growth in the tanks. i mix in a spoon of fluid garlic - sold at most aquatic stores to keep bugs away.

I have actually ate a maggot for a dare, kind of salty :lol: lol, im a keen angler here in the UK, so im used to them. Next time i have left over maggots from my day out, ill bring them back for the fish.

my brother used to fish when he was younger and he used to put a maggot under his tongue to warm it up so it didn't lay listless when it went into the cold water! yum yum

my brother used to fish when he was younger and he used to put a maggot under his tongue to warm it up so it didn't lay listless when it went into the cold water! yum yum

Firstly I dont 'play with the bloodoworm" its any sort of contact with them, even popping open the cubes

Secondly, how do u defrost live food, its blaintly dead?

sorry if I this sounds abrupt but the comment about "feeling the need to play with the bloodoworms" realyy pee'd me off, the arrogance of the comment was annoying...

As for haind worms and mggotas etc, I have no quarms about it, the only bait I'm ever weary about are rag worms, as they have some bad ass jaws which hurt :(

As for abusing maggots such as eating them for a dare, when I in school a friend and I went fishing but before we went we were in his kitchen checking we had everything, when it struck as an idea to stick one in the microwave. To cut the story short, the maggots expanded to twice the size, bubbled and then went POP! :sick:

I defrost my frozen foos with a little warm tap water.

fried white maggots are nice with a good rojan josh and garlic naan :good:

there was no arrogance intended §tudz,
cant u see im a n00b! it was simply a joke. I'm sure you don't fondle your frozen 'dead' food any more then necessary- there's no need to get your knickers in a twist about it!

I Like to feed bloddworms aswell, but not all my fish like them. Only the Mollies and the Minnows.
Everything goes nuts for Frozen Dahpnia.
Even, mealworms will be devoured if I rip them open and squeeze them out into the water.
Have you tried prawns yet.
UI get a large bag of frozen prawns, Defrost them in a little bowl, and them mash them up using a Fork.
Everything Goes Nuts for them and spend hours hunting out all the littel bits they missed - Weirdly the Cherry Shrimp will venture out to look for bits of prawns to eat.

yeah frozen prawns goes down a treat, i dont mass them up, but i use scissors to cut them into small chunks, this also cuts down on waste in the tank, as the fish dont need to rip the prawns apart

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back