Bloated Male Platy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SarahMarie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've noticed this morning that one of my male platys looks very bloated. If it was a female I'd think she was pregnant. But it's definitely a male. Does this look normal to everyone or is something wrong. I'm quite new to fish keeping so any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 85
looks normal to me just looks like he ate a bit too much wait till tomorrow and see if he passes some of it :) I stand open to correction I'm not a platy expert in any way :) my guppies sometimes do this then it passes in a day

Thanks. He is the biggest eater out of all 6 of my platies. I think he's the dominant male in the tank (there's only 1 other, the rest are female). I'll see how he is tomorrow. I worry about them lol

I have a few platies and I have noticed they have two shapes... same as your picture above... I have round ones and more slender ones.  I am only keeping females right now and I have them in both shapes.

Thanks for your help. I feel a bit less worried now! He's always been the biggest but he looked especially fat today so I thought something was wrong

He's looking quite a bit thinner now. I guess y'all were right! Thanks so much :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back