bloated GF for long time

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

helptoall

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The bloated fish is bloated for about 5 weeks now. Today he lost a big bunche of scales in one of his sides{idk how} so i decided to quarantee her and to try more to treat her with meds. I would happy to hear any ideas about the source of the problem and for treatments. about a week after she first started to bloat i treated the tank with kanamycin and then fast and then metro&praziquantel and then epsom salt in food, all with no improvment. during thi time she is was slowly bloating more and more, she is active and has appetite and poop some of the time white and some of the time normal poop. she is now isolated since today in a 20 L tank with air stone and a amall internal filter. she was originally in a 450L tank with 20 other goldfish being the biggest one{ about 15 centimeter} water p are 0,0,20 in the main tank.

If the swelling has continued to get bigger and scales are falling off on the side with the swelling then there is something growing inside the fish, possibly a cyst or tumour. Tumours don't suddenly appear overnight and grow over time (a month or more). Cysts can grow a bit quicker but again I think your fish suddenly swelled up and has been getting bigger ever since.

There is not much you can do to treat internal problems like this in fish and I would put the fish down.

Most reactions

Back