Blackwater

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Might I ask where you get things like blackwater and other natural betta remedies and enhancers? I get worried since so many of my rescues are on anti-biotics as they're not very good for their systems. If I could do some "preventative medicide" by adding things to that water that would keep them in tip-top condition, I would feel much more at ease.

Use indian almond teabags........excellant same thing...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Is there a guideline for concentration? Like # of tea bags per gallon?

1 teabag will do 10 gallons........thats a lot of tea.... :rofl: :rofl:

Hahah yea.... I just did some reading and now I feel silly for that question. Would one smallish leaf be good for say, 5 gallons?

Don't you find it rather expensive i have used it in the past, but i now find the almond leaves a lot better and cheaper on like for like basis but stay tuned as looking at importing something from Thailand that will be cheaper but more natural for bettas........ :D

Tetra Aqua made available my Blackwater Extract. Pain to find, but totally worth it.

I've never had much success with blackwater as far as inducing a spawn goes. But I do believe firmly that soft water additives are essential to healthy bettas . Many people keep them in straight tap,which is just not good unless you have soft,acidic tapwater. Which unfortunately I do not. Mine's really just neutral.

Improperly conditioned water is the biggest major cause of disease and stress in soft water fishies. So when a concerned inquiry over an ill fish is blamed on water quality,it doesn't always mean dirty water. It just refers to water that the fish is not native to.

I use Amazon Rain,religiously. I swear by it. It has tons of bio-absorbable vitamins,most importantly B & C vitamins which our fish just don't get unless provided by us.It balances the General hardness and stabilizes/buffers the PH. Supplies essential trace elements.It also has tons of protector bacteria. To quote the bottle...
"Soft water fish are extremely susceptible to disease. Amazon Rain contains billions of "bacterial bodygaurds" that helps protect your fish from many aquatic diseases including hole in the head,Pop-eye,ick and fin-rot"

It's expensive (for me anyway because I go through a LOT of it) but worth every penny. :thumbs: I'll always use it.

mm_simb said:
Where do you get the Amazon Rain from? I have never seen that anywhere. -_-
Anywhere that sells Tropical Science products. It doesn't mention bettas on the bottle,it says it's for Discus and soft water fish like Angels,tetras & severums. But I've found the bettas like it. I've been using it for over a year now. I originally purchased it for my catfish tank to add to my RO. I only used it as an experiment on a pair of bettas that just would not have a successful spawn no matter what. First time with AR and I had fry :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back