Blackwater Tank Not Working Out

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I was thinking hornwort, anubias, swords, or java fern.

Try some crypts.

This is also my tank.

PR6GaN0.jpg

I may do cryptocoryne wendtii. It both looks best and would do best in my low light tank. Though wattage is good @ 17w/10 gallons, it’s a tall tank, not wide. My tank is about 15 inches wide, 18 tall, and curves in the front. It’s a rather odd tank, but it’s even harder to light.

Oh and PS

Yes Colin those are Malaysian Trumpet snails you see on the glass. MTS are a vital component of having a healthy balanced planted tank.

wattage is good @ 17w/10 gallons,

I have no idea about wats per gallon that's normally reserved for fluro tubes. I work in Lumens and Kelvin

This tank has a BEAMSWORK Hi-Lumen 60 (180cm) (Planted) 3 times as long as the 2 footer and 3 times the price. The light is 3 years old and still works great
2HKR05a.jpg

Tannin Aquatics

Its where I get most of my stuff from also they sell only the best quality stuff.

Try Cholla wood.

I will. Where should I get them from? Tannin Aquatics or Amazon? Thanks

If you want to experiment with different degrees of darkness try rooibos tea if its available where you are - its dirt cheap. Don't be taken in by the "organic" marketing tricks. The plant is so sensitive that the only way to grow it is organic so just use the cheap stuff.

Thanks seangee! I found some at my local grocery store. What type do you use/ recommend?

I'm in the UK and my local supermarket only has one type. I throw a few bags into a jug of boiling water on the morning of water change. Then sqeeze them and put the water in the tank. 4 bags gives a nice rich colour (but not too dark) in a 180 litre tank, then adjust to taste for subsequent changes. I know some people just put the bags, or loose leaves in the tank or filter.

The link is fine and that cholla wood is perfect.

Sorry, when I copied it, it was 200 characters. I’ll order the cholla soon, so I’ll update you when it arrives.

The forum software shortens the link.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back