Black spots on caudal fin and bottom of belly on white molly.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Black spots appearing on white molly fish. What is cause of it and how to cure it?

How long have you had the fish?
Have you added anything new to the tank in the last few weeks?
Are you doing regular water changes and gravel cleaning the tank?
Can you post a picture of the fish so we can clearly see the issue you are talking about?

How long have you had the fish?
Have you added anything new to the tank in the last few weeks?
Are you doing regular water changes and gravel cleaning the tank?
Can you post a picture of the fish so we can clearly see the issue you are talking about?
I had this molly from 2 months. And i added fancy guppies in it. I do water changes and clean the gravel. Also i feed them mosquito larvae.

Here is pic

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_104001.jpg
    IMG_20190316_104001.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 327
It is either colouration, eg: one of its parents was a dalmation molly and the black spots are starting to develop. Or its a parasitic worm that gets into the muscle tissue and causes black spots.

If the fish is young then it's probably colouration. If it's an adult fish that has been exposed to river water or some lives foods that came from waterways containing birds and other fish, it could be parasites.

If it is parasitic worms they don't normally harm the fish, but can sometimes be killed with Praziquantel or medications designed to treat thread/ round worm infections in fish.

I would monitor it over the next few months and see what happens. I wouldn't be too concerned tho.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back