Black Moors

akprinting

Reaction score
I really like black moors, but do not seem to have much luck with keeping them.

has anyone kept black moors successfully for a number of years?

i used to keep them many years ago but now due to the fact that there over produced for looks and nothing else it has resulted in lots of problems the most common being swim bladder trouble IMO there not worth the trouble or the expense as they seldom last very long ,which is a pitty becouse there a nice looking fish :(

oh and welcome to the board you dont have to be mad but it helps :lol:

Can a betta be kept with a black moor? My water is pretty much constant room temp ~25 C but I do have a heater i could fit if I need to.

Umm well theoreticaly it could work - however, what size tank? What about filtration? Bettas do much better in a temperature around 78 deg F... a temperature much too high for any goldfish.

Well my room temp is 78, so thats what the black moor gets.........

I see. Well that's not the best temp but fancy goldfish have been bred in warmer water anyway so it shouldn't be a big problem. But still, what size tank and filtration are we talking about?

I wouldn't do it :no: Besides the fact that your water is too warm for a goldfish, they just aren't compatible. Bettas will attack anything with long flowing fins. Not a good combo.

Have you considered a fish that would do better with your water? That is really warm :unsure:

Problem is that the house heating is busted, well the thermostat is. It feels a bit cold this morning but the tank still says 77

Black moors and betta's have different requirements, so please do not mix them :no: or you will have trouble, keep either one or the other :)

im probably going to get a bigger tank for the moor and get a betta to go in this tank

Thanks

Also I am also m3ntalist, I just opened two accounts due to this being work pc. Hmm I should do some work

I have a black moor, I have had him for about 6 months. I have not really had any problems with him. I love him he is so cute and has a great personality. I have him with a comet, red cap, a sucker, and a couple guppies. They all get along great. Also fancy tails/black moors ect can live in water any where fron around 65-77 degrees. My tank is on average 76-77 degrees they love it they even sit by the heater. :grr:

Be careful with the temperature as warm water holds less oxygen than cold and goldfish including black moors need plenty of oxygen or they will become lathargic and may die :( 24c/75d is ok but you shouldnt keep cold water fish and tropical together in my opinion :no:

Thanks but my tank has a bouble screen that tacks up the entire back wall of my 29gal. I think they have enough oxy. Beside they love the heater, and each other. I have tryed to seperate them and when I do they wont do anything including eating. They are like family to each other they have all become so attached to each other its crazy. :alien:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back