Black Moor Problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

d_rickard

Reaction score
Me and the missus bought her younger brother a Black Moor about 3 years ago. He seems to be doing really well and we bought him a new Fluval Uno 500 tank recently due to his increased size. Firstly he has changed colour completely and no longer has black on him apart from over his eyes :( I cant help thinking that he is partially blind because of this. Is this common???

The more worrying thing is that he has puffy looking growths on his lower front fins which look king of like cauliflower. They are the same colour as his body (orangey gold) and he doesnt seem to be distressed in any way. Does anyone know what this could be and if they do is there a treatment for it???

Black Moors were breed originally from the Goldfish, black outcast were re-breed to create the Black Moors so there is always a chance they will turn gold and it is quite common, show winning Black Moor are a deep black all over.

At first I thought a cauliflower type growth would either be fungus or another disease or the 'Wen' or growth on the head of some Fancy Goldfish like Orandas. But seeing as it is on the fins and the same colour as the body I am not quite sure, do you have any pics, is he acting strangely?

Sorry, no pics dont know how to post/host them. Behaviour wise he seems fairly normal. He never was a very active fish anyway except when it was feeding time :)

d_rickard said:
Sorry, no pics dont know how to post/host them. Behaviour wise he seems fairly normal. He never was a very active fish anyway except when it was feeding time :)
You can attach them when you post, just browse your computer for the right file and attach and post, provinding the photo is small enough or you can host it here and tag it on here;

[url="http://www.imageshack.us/"]http://www.imageshack.us/[/url]

you see this problem a lot in black moors sadly its the fault of the fish food producers,most fish foods are made with colour feeding in mind and this doesnt take into acount black moors

mhoward1999 said:
What should you feed black moors so that they don't fade?
I feed mine which is pitch black a flake food called Tetra Fin for all goldfish and a JMC high protien pellet food for all fish. They also get feed bloodworm, peas and other frozen foods and vegetables. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back