Black Molly With Puffy Scales, Some Are White.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Snow

Reaction score
:sick:
I'm not sure what it is, do you guys know? :/

:sick:
I'm not sure what it is, do you guys know? :/

puffy scales? does it look like a fungus, a cotton wool like growth?

Post a picture and you'l get a much faster answer.

hi hun
please fill in this form and i'll ask for your post to be moved to emergency section

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

it could be a varied amount of illnesses including the following 2 listed if you answer all the questions posted then it will make it easier to determine the actual disease

Fungus

Body Fungus Body Fungus is just that, fungus. It will attack your fish's skin and cause ulcers or death in extreme cases. Large amounts of organic materials such as decaying food or fish waste can cause a breakout of fungus in your aquarium. Open wounds can develop fungus. The fungi feeds by excreting digestive enzymes which if it’s on the fish, slowly digests parts of the fish. Though cured easily, if the fish doesn't get prompt treatment it will surely die. Secondary infections are also common. Symptoms: White or greyish patches appear on the skin or gills that look like cotton or wool. Interpet Anti Fungus & Finrot is a very good medicine.

or

Dropsy

This disease is characterised by a swollen or hollow abdomen. Swollen areas may exhibit a 'pine-cone' appearance caused by the fishes scales sticking out. Fish may also appear off-colour and listless, and may stop feeding. The swelling caused by this disease may often be mistaken for a pregnant or egg-carrying fish. Gouramies and Cyprinids (barbs, danios, etc) are prone to this disease. Visible worms, flukes or lice on the body.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back