Black Lancer Catfish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
has anyone ever or currently had 1 of these cats? i saw a group of about 8 at lfs today and almost bought 1 but i know nothing about them and from what ive read there seems to be conflicting info on them. some say 6-8 inches and fine with smaller fish and some say 10-12 inches.....
would 1 be ok with cardinal and rummynose tetras or would it be a risk?

they were priced at £7.50 and were about 3.5 inches.....

My lfs had one in a while ago it was about 6". They said they get to 8" fully grown and can be quite timid and do well in with small - medium size community fish. Planetcatfish says a similar sort of thing
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=36

My lfs had one in a while ago it was about 6". They said they get to 8" fully grown and can be quite timid and do well in with small - medium size community fish. Planetcatfish says a similar sort of thing
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=36
yeah thats what i read but ive read else where that they can get to 12 inches :unsure:

From what I have heard they can be risky but never kept them - I would go by planet catfish without a doubt the best source for catfish info.

From what I have heard they can be risky but never kept them - I would go by planet catfish without a doubt the best source for catfish info.

they seem safe. I want one now!

what one of these.
P1040094.jpg

i'm led to belive there are three types of bleeker catfish (black lancer catfish) two of them grow about 7inch and the third about 11 inches that one is rarer than the other two but the one way you can tell the larger one has blue eye's i've had mine for seven months now and i've had no troubles if it .

They are alright. You have to be careful with them, one day they can be peacuful, the next day they will kill everything in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back