Black Cories

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

they're tiny DD ... plus I want to be sure they're not bringing anything in. Too small to go into the big tank right now and there's no chance of catching my bronzes to move them in to the fry tank.

They are settling now. I've just been stood right next to the tank wrapping up a present at the table and they were snuffling around in the sand all the time I was stood there. They seem much less jumpy now. I've just added some cory pellets too and they didn't dart off to hide

Pic later when the sun goes down :)

photo!

020_zpsd37spi7i.jpg

they look brown in the photo but I promise ... they are black 
laugh.png

they're hopefully soon to have a third 'friend' ... just glanced into my main tank and there's a little panda cory baby snuffling amongst my java fern. He/she is smaller than the two blacks but as soon as it breaks cover enough to be caught I'll be putting it in with them to grow on for the lfs

The baby panda's keep on turning up! It's about one every 4-6 weeks now

They're cute
fish.gif

I had my blacks in with lots of different cories and they didn't interbreed...

Hi Harlequins ... that's good to know. These two are still in my fry tank for now as they are still rather small and they don't need to compete for food so much in the fry tank. There's just two baby panda's in with them .... soon to be a third panda when I see it again and can catch it!

I did catch the first one I'd spotted amongst the java fern but a couple of nights ago I spotted another!! About the same size so probably from the same spawn. I've not seen it again though so it's hidden itself rather well :)

EDIT:
it's popped back out to see me in the last half an hour so it's still alive and well. It's staying close to the wood though so no opportunity to catch it yet!

UPDATE:

Well the tiny panda in the main tank has done a disappearing act again. I hope it's still alive. 

As to the blacks ... well they've suddenly had a growth spurt. They are now nearly as big as my full grown male panda's and so I'm thinking it might be time to move them to the main tank.

One question though. I'm still waiting for more blacks to come into stock at my lfs and I'm not sure how much longer it will take to get some in. Would I be best to keep the blacks in the fry tank and wait until I get a further three from the lfs or would I be best to just move the current two and add the other 3 later.

As most of you know I've loads of cories in the main tank and I suspect the blacks will just go and join my bronzes - being closely related - but I'm dithering a bit. Just thought I'd throw it out to you guys and see what your thoughts are

I would put them in akasha..should be fine with the others.

the other thing holding me back is that there's 2 baby panda's in with the blacks currently and they're getting along really well. The panda's are much younger and they're following the older blacks around. If I move the blacks that leaves 2 baby panda's on their own

I'm humanizing ... I know :/

I was right. I added the blacks to the big tank this morning ... they were very stressed to begin with so I turned the lights out and left them be. I came home home a couple of hours ago and there was no sign of them. I've just glanced in to the tank now and there they are ... sat with the bronzes. It's looks like they've joined their species group rather than mix in with the panda/peppered/melini/smudge-spot group.

Nice. Those are the closest related ones

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

I'll be honest ... you can't tell much difference between the 'black' and the bronzes. They are slightly darker but not by much. Maybe I'll see more of a difference as they grow :)

7e27c5cccafa8e76d81adda4ba666f08.jpg
7a5a6e9222b531e9d2cf892e3ea1c80e.jpg

This is one of my aeneusfry

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

ahh now I can see a difference. My bronze boys are a rusty brown with a darker 'stripe' in the middle (does that make sense) where-as the 'blacks' appear to be one solid colour (apart from their underside obviously) which is much darker

It doesn't matter of course. I will love them what ever :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back