Black Bush Algae

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Another_Fish_Lover

Reaction score
Hi,

For at least a month now I have had some black algae growing in my tank. I think it may be called Black Bush Algae. Basically, there are little bunches of black bushy hair growing on the glass of my tank. No matter how many times I manage to scrape it off, it always grows back. Also, I can never get it completely off. There is always still little black marks on the glass leftover. I would like to know how I can get rid of it completely.

Thank you,
J

Give it a undiluted hit with Seachem Excel, put the excel in a syringe and target it directly, you may need to do it a few days in a row, it will eventually go pink and die (it does not die immediately!)

I have the same algae but its all over my plants and nothing else... anyone know aanything?

Just get Flourish Excel just like what Alasse said! Works like a charm!

sawickib said:
I have the same algae but its all over my plants and nothing else... anyone know aanything?

Another_Fish_Lover said:
Hi,

For at least a month now I have had some black algae growing in my tank. I think it may be called Black Bush Algae. Basically, there are little bunches of black bushy hair growing on the glass of my tank. No matter how many times I manage to scrape it off, it always grows back. Also, I can never get it completely off. There is always still little black marks on the glass leftover. I would like to know how I can get rid of it completely.

Thank you,
J

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back