Biorb 30L - Dont Hate Me Please!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

air pumps do make noise, unfortunately thats what you get. Yes you can try for a more quiet air pump, im sure some people can recommend some. I dont use them.

I know they make noise lol but this is ridiculous its so loud! And it's a biorb pump which is supposed to be silent lol

This is the first I've heard of this tank. They sure could be quite beautiful, and I love the sleek design. Sucks that they have so many problems. Goodluck in your ventures!

Im struggling to source endlers from my LFS's. Would Ember Tetra's or cherry barbs be a good replacement to live alongside a betta? im worried they may thrive in larger groups. also ive seen an otocinclus today and wondered if that would be suitable for a 30 litre biorb life (the square one). i have covered the filter media in the bottom and got bogwood in for my live plant already.

JG

Ember Tetra Yes, barbs, no, a little bit skittish for a tank that size and need more space. Ottos, no, not in a biorb and certainly not in anything under a few months old, they like established tanks with a thick biofilm.

Got it all set up with new air pump which is sooooo quiet i dont even notice it..

im happy again yay :D

started fishless cycle!

ftank.jpg

cheers Tizer, ill still try track some endlers so i can decide which i prefer in the flesh

JG

Well done JHR.
Endlers can be hard to find at any LFS. They are common in the hobby but most are passed around among club members, not bought commercially, at least it is that way in the US. I am a registered breeder of wild types but I do not ship and these days thre is little demand for wild type endlers. Instead things like tiger endlers, a guppy / endler cross, are more popular and more readily available.

I have a 30l orb, had over yr now, had few probs at start, more my own fault with not having had tank before. But got used to tank now, had baby fish to. Plants growing good in orb to. Got 3 danios, 1 fighting fish, 1 small guppy that's my baby& 1 Molly. They all seem happy in orb. How do you post pics? Would I b able to have sucker but not bottom dweller?
Jay.

I have a 30l orb, had over yr now, had few probs at start, more my own fault with not having had tank before. But got used to tank now, had baby fish to. Plants growing good in orb to. Got 3 danios, 1 fighting fish, 1 small guppy that's my baby& 1 Molly. They all seem happy in orb. How do you post pics? Would I b able to have sucker but not bottom dweller?
Jay.

No suckers, no bottom dwellers (other than shrimp).

Terry.

Would a snail be ok in a orb. Tank gets cleaned but we all could do with abit if help!! Got 2 neons tetras to, forgot to say before. Could i put any more fish in tank. Just don't want to over stock it.

A snail would be fine.
I wouldn't add any more fish as some of the ones you already have really need a bigger tank

i have a 30L biorb(square) and found it really easy to get started with. I know its not massive by all means but hey ho. we got some black phantom tetra to begin with and they are still all ok. got a few neon tetras too. and a shrimp who loves it in there. very active and is always pondering about the tank. :)

I have received the orb now and set it up. The pump makes an awful noise though! Is there a way to fix this or is buying a new one or putting up with it my only options?

your right the pump is very loud. i bought a smaller tetra aps50 pump to replace the one you get with the orb. i went to an independent fish stockist and he had them in stock for about £15.95. SOOOOO much quieter!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back