Biorb 30 Litre

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dazbowski

Reaction score
I know these aren't to everyones taste but we bought one as we want to keep fish and only have a small space.

My question is. i've been running a Biorb 30l for a week with 3 males mollies. All is well so far. My questions is I want to add 3-4 more fish in time, would I be able to add 3 male Guppies or would I be better sticking to Mollies? Any other fish if not.

We don't want any breeding as the tank is small and we can't get another one.

Thanks

IMO mollies are quite big and messy for a 30l tank, particularly if there are a large number of them. I probably wouldn't go adding anything else in there, but that's just me :)

IMO mollies are quite big and messy for a 30l tank, particularly if there are a large number of them. I probably wouldn't go adding anything else in there, but that's just me :)

Cheers, we were advised by our local pets place that we should start with Mollies. To be honest I wished I came on here first as I probably would have done things differently. We got told we could have 12 in there, even with my very limited experience I knew this was wrong.

How many (realistically) can we have? Would 6 fish be too many? Also if we did go with 6, could 3 male Guppies live with 3 male Mollies?

Thanks again.

6 would be the absolute maximum, but you'd need to do largeish (60-70%) water changes a week. Yes, guppies and mollies can live together. Your LFS will tell you anything to get you to spend more cash :good:

I wouldn't add any more fish at all.
Mollies can get quite big & the biorb isn't really big enough for any more

I wouldn't add any more fish at all.
Mollies can get quite big & the biorb isn't really big enough for any more

Thanks, will just stick to the 3 then. Am I ok with a 20-30% water change weekly?

Also I have been giving them 2 small flakes once a day between them, is that ok?

25/30% weekly is fine, just keep an eye on your water stats.
You could give them a little more food, as 2 flakes between 3 fish doesn't sound like enough

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back