What do you think of BigTuna's FOWLR?

• I'm impressed

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • He's got potential

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • He should quit now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I doubt that's it, honestly.  Argonite and other sand like that is something that fish are used to having around, so I think they would be able to either avoid ingesting it, or be able to pass it.

Sadly, that magnificent  fish didn't make the night.  Feels so wrong having to remove such an amazing fish that just yesterday seemed to be flourishing along with the rest of his mates.  Sorry everyone.

Sorry for your loss BigTuna. :rip:

Oh man, that's a shame :(

Sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry Tuna! 
rip.gif

Here's a recent photo.

IMG_2161_zps6d0c13c9.jpg

Hammer coral (far left), Open brain (left), Frogspawn (left center), Hydnophora (top left), various acroproa (top center), anemone (center right), bubble coral (right), galaxy coral ( far right), closed brain (bottom right), Aussie war coral (top right) all doing very well.

Desjardini Sailfin Tang

IMG_2159_zpse0e3ee9e.jpg

Welcome back... its been a while.

Still looks very good. :good:

Thanks eagle! I've got a lot of catching up to do! :D

It looks beautiful! Very pretty fish :)

Excellent tank, very nice.

Tang is good looking and healthy.

Nicely done 
yes.gif

Last night was my first ever experience using Instant Ocean's Holdfast.  I have a Monti plate coral I wanted to attach to a rock face, and I seemed to be having quite a bit of difficulty bonding it.  On my third or fourth attempt, after getting a little on the tired side. I was brushed by an urchin and it startled me, setting of a chain reaction of rocks tumbling over.  I moved all my acros safely aside, my horn coral fell onto my open brain (appears to have no signs of damage on the brain), and tried to rearrange the rocks.  I can't get it even close to how I like it.  Frustrating, as I don't want to disrupt my LPS Hards, and I don't want to further stress my fish.  I've always liked having as many passages and open caves as possible for the Tangs to play around in and they have all pretty much disappeared.   So here I am today:

1)  why can't I get the Holdfast to HOLD FAST!?
2) how to get my rock arrangement back to satisfactory? 

wish me luck

Oh no! D: Good luck, am sure it will look just as good if not better than before. Not sure on that glue stuff :/

thanks for the vote of confidence, nin.  As I look at the tank this morning, I've pretty much decided I may have to just sacrifice the large passages, and have a more 'solid' arrangement.   I'll see if I can tackle this task today and attempt the holdfast again. 

Big passages can look awesome, but can also be unstable - as you are finding out.  Unless you glue them together, its nearly impossible to trust it 100%.

the more I think about it today, the more I'm leaning towards a more stable arrangement vs the open passages.  Maybe it is best I have this episode now when Im dealing with small frags, and not fully established, large corals? 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back