Bettas with TB?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

hhall5

Reaction score
So it struck again. I brought home another betta that was being kept in poor conditions just because he captured my heart. First let me be clear is is in QT for the time being. When I saw him he seemed alright aside from lack of food and dirty water, but when I first out him in my 5gl QT tank I noticed a bend and I went to the worst case scenario. Honestly I think it was just the way that he was positioning himself because as you can see on other pictures its so slight, barely even noticeable but in one it is VERY prominent. I need opinions is this just my mind racing? Im terrified in introduced this terrible illness into my fish room-- even though in QT its scary. I'm trying to talk myself down because he's active and theres no sores or damage to fins or scales. He's just skinny but like I said there was ZERO food and just what looked like waste with him and now honestly I don't notice the bend.

Attachments

• IMG_7023.JPG
    IMG_7023.JPG
    929.2 KB · Views: 138
Here is another photo where I noticed the S curve

Attachments

• IMG_7018.JPG
    IMG_7018.JPG
    864.8 KB · Views: 140
Fish TB is very rare; I've been keeping fish for nearly 40 years, and I've never seen it.

Your fish is almost certainly suffering from poor nutrition, poor water quality, or some other issue.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back