Betta's tank cover.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rayw

Reaction score
I should have named my Betta "MJ" he could slam dunk from the top of the key...Hahaha. He's a jumper. So I am in the process of making this. Going to cut my evaporation way down too.

What do ya think? Might make one for my 20 gallon also.
e19bd0acae8fbdaddd7534f296c98acf.jpg

I'm not too sure on this, but doesn't that affect the oxygen in some way? Do you have an air stone in there? Idk, I'm probably asking a dumb question.

Air stone is in the rock decoration.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Here's a nifty idea.
Tank%20Cover.jpg

Should be fine, there is still gaps around the airline and filter cable I can see that should let enough air through, bettas take in air from the atmosphere so if the tank had no air gap they drown regardless of an airstone, they need to physically gulp air.
I'm slightly worried by the jumping, yes they are jumpers but if he is continuously doing it I would be worried about him trying to escape for some other reason, the water looks a little cloudy to me how long has the tank been set up?

Should be fine, there is still gaps around the airline and filter cable I can see that should let enough air through, bettas take in air from the atmosphere so if the tank had no air gap they drown regardless of an airstone, they need to physically gulp air.
I'm slightly worried by the jumping, yes they are jumpers but if he is continuously doing it I would be worried about him trying to escape for some other reason, the water looks a little cloudy to me how long has the tank been set up?
Tank has been up and running for 4 or 5 months. I just switched to mostly real plants today and added root tabs to each area (3 total) per directions. Also vacuumed really well and did 50% WC. He doesn't jump all the time. But when he does he really flies. I would hate for him to get stuck somewhere I can't get to from my chair.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back