Betta With Zebra Loaches

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jarmado

Leader of the Pieces
Reaction score
hi all,

i am planning to add 2 or 3 zebra loaches on my 180L tank to at least control the snail epidemic.
will the zebra loaches nip the betta?
are they ok together?

cheers!

iJay
:thanks:

Well. i havnt had any experience with these fish together. But if the loaches stay on the bottom/lower water and the tank is quite well planted, im sure the betta will be able to avoid the loach enough. :)

Bret

Well. i havnt had any experience with these fish together. But if the loaches stay on the bottom/lower water and the tank is quite well planted, im sure the betta will be able to avoid the loach enough. :)

Bret

thanks Bret!

UPDATE: i added 2 pakistani loaches a few weeks ago and 3 polkadot loaches yesterday..they all seem to be getting along fine with the betta...will be adding the zebra loaches in a few weeks time..
:good:

Good Good iJay. Like brett said. I'm sure they will be fine. I don't know many loaches to be aggresive

[i] Zebra loaches have no special requirements on water conditions, they do however prefer a certain aquarium setup to be at their best. A tank size of 36 inches with a soft or fine textured substrate as they are continually probing the upper layers with their barbels for food. The tank should be planted, but also provide open areas for swimming as well. The lighting in the tank should not be overly bright. Zebras are happiest living in small groups and have been reported to be semi aggressive, sometimes nipping the fins of other species. Feeding is not difficult as they will accept all prepared foods and like all fish relish the addition of live foods especially small worms like tubifex or Blackworms. They are well known to eat snails and can be a welcome addition to any planted tank

not me just a quote

[i] Zebra loaches have no special requirements on water conditions, they do however prefer a certain aquarium setup to be at their best. A tank size of 36 inches with a soft or fine textured substrate as they are continually probing the upper layers with their barbels for food. The tank should be planted, but also provide open areas for swimming as well. The lighting in the tank should not be overly bright. Zebras are happiest living in small groups and have been reported to be semi aggressive, sometimes nipping the fins of other species. Feeding is not difficult as they will accept all prepared foods and like all fish relish the addition of live foods especially small worms like tubifex or Blackworms. They are well known to eat snails and can be a welcome addition to any planted tank

not me just a quote

shall i stay away from the zebra's then?

EDIT: spelling

Most reactions

trending

Back