betta white lump

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

john8893

Reaction score
Hello
I have the betta for around 6 months in the last couple week he has got lump on the side him body
the water parameters are: ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates 20, pH 7.8, temp 27.C

thanks John

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Does the white patch stick out a fair bit or only a tiny bit?

It could be a bad bacterial infection with fungus on top or a tumour, but tumours don't normally grow that quick so I would say bacterial and fungal.

If you can find a broad spectrum fish medication designed to treat bacterial and fungal infections, then try that asap. Don't use anti-biotics tho. Just use a medication designed for fungal and bacterial infections in fish.

To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

There is a calculator/ converter in the "How To Tips" at the top of this page that will let you convert litres to gallons.

Remove carbon from the filter before treating or it will absorb the medication and stop it working.

Wipe the inside of the glass down, do a 75% water change and complete gravel clean. And clean the filter before treating.

Hello
it stick out a tiny bit
I have tried API Melafix with it first show up with no effect

I'm starting thinking it is a tumor .

thank you
John

Melafix doesn't do anything to major bacterial or fungal infections. If you can post a couple more pictures and a short 20 second video of the fish moving it might give me more idea.

Ok what medication would you recommend for major bacterial or fungal infections?

thank you
John

Yeah bacterial and fungal infection. The fungus is the white stuff around the edges and the big clump. The bacterial part is the red/ pink patching under the white.

A broad spectrum medication that contains Methylene Blue and Formaldehyde should do the job but any broad spectrum medication that treats fungus and bacterial infections in fish should do the job.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back