Betta Tails And Colours

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Go to town, LauraFrog! The more information about tails and colours we can cram in here, the better. When I was making the topic, my aim was to have the information all in one place so if someone has doubt, they know where to look. :)

I have pics of some really nice hm mg male and female and a very very pink betta if you would like.

I just found this gorgeous :drool: example of a yellow:
2562472948_fb74d815f7.jpg

Ohh, ohhh! Would this be considered a mustard gas? He's beautiful too. :wub:
yellow-indigo-betta-fish.jpg

He is a lavender mustard gas, at least thats what most call that variation

ok, heres the mg male, he is an OHM.
mgspawn2a.jpg

here is a mg hm female...I loved this girl
mgfavsmall.png

here is a very bubble gum pastel pink betta, he is a hm.
HPIM1507.jpg

and I dont know if you need any more, but here is a deep green feather tail, and one of his juvi rt possible ft sons, the juvie males fins have grown out a ton since this pick.
forest.jpg

greenmale1.jpg

wow that wild type pk male (first page) looks exactly like my female i know mine is definitely a female as its in with a male and theres been no fighting

wow that wild type pk male (first page) looks exactly like my female i know mine is definitely a female as its in with a male and theres been no fighting
ummmmm... you should NEVER keep a male and female together. there will be fighting and shredded fins (or worse). Unless you are talking about a breeding situation, but that never goes 'without fighting' either.

>_<

these threads are brilliant :) I never realised there were so many different ones, i've only ever noticed the one I bought which is a VT and I only just learnt that from reading this! He's called Mango and is blue/turquoise. He's gorgeous!

Thank you for this thread! Now I have to find one to answer my shrimp question..

alison jane x

WOW what beautiful fish, the tri colour and the lavender mustard gas have to be my fav. stunning. wish i could have one x

I have a Question about the pattern of a male I just bought. He has white fins,black face,and peduncle. Also has gray verticle stripes along the body. The body itself is white.

I have a Question about the pattern of a male I just bought. He has white fins,black face,and peduncle. Also has gray verticle stripes along the body. The body itself is white.

White body and fins with a black face and tail base? Odd colouration. Could be a dragon (if the scales on the body are unusually thick) or could be simply be a white or platinum betta who happens to have a black face.

The stripes are a little worrying. Most bettas do not have patterns, as such. Are they regular? Are you sure it is a male? Could be stress or breeding stripes. Make a thread in the Betta section and and try to get a photo.

A lot of people confuse VT females and HM females. A great way to tell which is which is to count the rays. VTs usually have 2 rays while HMs have 4 or more.

My OHM (avatar) has 6-8 rays. He moves to fast to count.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back