Betta Simplex Vs. Paradise Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

athao04

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Okay, I went to the fishstore last night and they had what looked like betta simplex selling for 11.99. I asked him if they were and he said they were paradise fish. After looking at paradise fish and betta simplex, they dont look that alike, do they? I dont think so at all, or are there paradise fish that look the same as bettas, to the point that you can hardly tell the difference. If no, I am going to be on my way to pick me up some of those.

hmm... did it look like any of these? I don't know of anything else that would be called a paradise fish...

IMG_0493EP.jpg

betta simplex

01%20gourami_paradise_blue.jpg

paradise fish

Pseudosphromenus_dayi5.jpg

red spike tailed paradise fish

If they are spike tails... get some! Awesome fish with lots of personality :hey:

paradise fish arnt bettas, they are Macropodus genus.
they are just like bettas but not as bad, the males fight. they even build bubble nest.
a very cool fish to me.

Ohhhh!!! They're the bottom ones, the spiked tail paradise fish. Wow!!! They look so much like a betta with a different tale. They're being sold for 11.99. I have no idea how to keep these fish so I'll probably look into it. Thanks so much! I looked up different paradise fish, but i didn't come across any of the spiked tail paradise fish.

the reason you probably didn't come up with them is because they're a different genus (or whatever -lol-) than paradise fish, and they aren't anywhere near as common (in my experience). Actually, I had to do a search with the latin name, Pseudosphromenus dayi, to find the picture -lo-l

lol that might be why. Thanks so much for your help guys! They are extremely beautiful fish though!

They look alike to me. I've been told that the paradise fish have confused those bettas for their own kind and have attacked them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back