betta show results - richmond show

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bkk_group

coconut bomber
Reaction score
A1 - Dark Non-iridescent male - 1) Kathy Aubie 2) Rick Kulbaba 3) Rick Kulbaba

A2 - Dark Non-iridescent female - 1) Pam Krieder 2) Rick Kulbaba 3) Rick Kulbaba

B1 - Dark Iridescent male - 1) Rick Kulbaba 2) Kathy Aubie 3) Kathy Aubie

B2 - Dark Iridescent female - 1) JD Ewtuch 2) Cynthia/Paige 3) Kathy Aubie

C1 - Light Solid Color Male - 1) Rick Kulbaba 2) Kathy Aubie

C2 - Light Solid Color Female - 1) Marriane Lewis 2) Marriane Lewis 3) Marriane Lewis

D1 - Bicolor Male - 1) Rick Kulbaba 2) Rick Kulbaba 3) Rick Kulbaba

D2 - Bicolor Female - 1) Cynthia/Paige 2) Rick Kulbaba 3) Rick Kulbaba

E1 - Patterned Male - 1) Rick Kulbaba 2) Kathy Aubie 3) Marriane Lewis

E2 - Patterned Female - 1) Victoria Parnell 2) Marriane Lewis 3) Marriane Lewis

F1 - Wild Types - 1) Victorea Earnest 2) Victorea Earnest 3) Victorea Earnest

H1 - Plakat - 1) Rick Kulbaba 2) Rick Kulbaba 3) Marriane Lewis

J1 - Crowntail Male - 1) Marriane Lewis 2) Marriane Lewis 3) Kathy Aubie

J2 - Crowntail Female - 1) Victorea Earnest 2) Victorea Earnest 3) Victorea Earnest

T1 - Grizzeled Male - 1) Kathy Aubie 2) Marriane Lewis 3) Victorea Earnest

T2 - Metallic Male - 1) Victoria Parnell 2) Spector Family 3) Cathy Ashcroft

T3 - Metallic Female - 1) Victoria Parnell 2) Julie Zeppieri 3) Julie Zeppieri

NA1 - Novice Dark Non-iridescent male - 1) Jodi Garnier

NA2 - Novice Dark Non-iridescent female - 1) Jodi Garnier

NB1 - Novice Dark Iridescent male - 1) Apiradee Loharungsikul 2) Apiradee Loharungsikul 3) Augustine Lee

NB2 - Novice Dark Iridescent female - 1) Apiradee Loharungsikul 2) Apiradee Loharungsikul 3) Douglas Kao

NC1 - Novice Light Solid Color Male - 1) Augustine Lee 2) Apiradee Loharungsikul 3) Apiradee Loharungsikul

NC2 - Novice Light Solid Color Female - 1) Apiradee Loharungsikul

ND1 - Novice Bicolor Male - 1) Augustine Lee 2) Jonathan Villocero

ND2 - Novice Bicolor Female - 1) Jonathan Villocero 2) Douglas Kao 3) Jonathan Villocero

NE1 - Novice Patterned Male - 1) Apiradee Loharungsikul 2) Apiradee Loharungsikul 3) Augustine Lee

NE2 - Novice Patterned Female - 1) Apiradee Loharungsikul 2) Douglas Kao
3) Douglas Kao

Best Of Show Male - Victoria Parnell T2

Reserve Best of Show Male - Marriane Lewis J1

Best Of show Female - Marriane Lewis C2

Reserve Best of Show Female - Marriane Lewis C2

Novice Best of show Male - Apiradee Loharungsikul NE1

Reserve Novice Best of Show Male - Augustine Lee NC1

Novice Best of Show Female - Apiradee Loharungsikul NB2

Reserve Novice Best of Show Female - Apiradee Loharungsikul NE2

so, those are the show results from the weekend. hmm, i guess we did pretty good. we used my wife's name apiradee as the breeder since she really did take a lot of care of them. while i did my fair share of work i was really only involved as a trainer. ;)
here are a couple of pics from the show -
Picture-206.jpg

checking out the competition..

Picture-207.jpg

last time i saw a row of tanks like this was in thailand..

Picture-209.jpg

the judges scrutinizing..

Picture-210.jpg

intense judging pic..

Picture-211.jpg

more judging..

ribbins.jpg

the hardware. as well as these two we also received a signed marianne lewis double-tail betta pastel drawing. apparantly, we will get individual ribbins for first, second, third etc.

in total 15 fish were brought to show. i'm particularily proud of "bandit" (who i always knew was a champion) taking 1st in his class.
there was also a little guy who i challenged on game day to show me his stuff. it was his display right them and there that brought him to show and eventually brought him 1st in his class as well. all the fish were up for auction and as far as i know sold. it's too bad the show wasn't a month later as i could have shown my crown tail spawn as well. anyways, we are retired from breeding (for now) but it's nice to have a memento to remember this period in our lives. ;)

bkk :wub: Congrats to both of you!!

Awesome pics. I suppose you didn't buy anything at auction....?

thanks wuv, this weekend was hectic for us, we had to wrap up this huge book design project as well so pulled all nighters wrapping up the book and days at the show. we arrived too late on auction day and my heart was broken when i was informed that all of victorea's smaragdina were sold.... :-(

we arrived too late on auction day and my heart was broken when i was informed that all of victorea's smaragdina were sold....
Noooooo! Oh I can just imagine how you felt. Maybe someone local will have fry available for you soon, and then you'll have fry for me and so on :shifty:

It was quite a turn out I see. I hope our upcoming District show does just as well. It's the 30th of this month. I should have boxes of fish showing up at my door by next week. Hopefully.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: strange they allow people in whilst judging is going on.......???

strange they allow people in whilst judging is going on.......???

I think that depends on the judge (s), I've only seen Jim Sonnier judge and he doesn't like/allow anybody around while he does it.

When i used to show fish a few years back in the UK not bettas no one was allowed in until all judging was finished it added to the tension of had they done well ...............lovely red ticket...... any way wuv what are all those people doing in your house..:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They get mad at you when they're judging and you and julie are meeting cation for the first time and you start getting loud too :look:

Looks awesome Bkk, was planning to go until about a month ago when I found out it was a district show and I couldn't justify leaving the country if the show wasn't international :( Looks like you had a great time and congrats to you and your wife on the awards :flex:

Sorrell said:
They get mad at you when they're judging and you and julie are meeting cation for the first time and you start getting loud too :look:
:lol: :rofl: :lol:

I forgot about that.

bkk, wow, congrats! You and your wife deserve it, your fish are to die for. Thanks for sharing the show pics with us!

nice to see the ribbons as that what you work for any chance of a picture of the actual winners.......no not you bkk the fish............. :rofl: :rofl:

Picture-018.jpg

this is bandit, he took 1st.

Picture-057.jpg

he probably placed as well but his smaller brother took 1st

Picture-033.jpg

this guys fins grew out a lot more in the end. can't recall what placing though as i had more than one of these guys entered. all the fish went at auction too so no more pics from them.
;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back