Betta progress!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hoopla

Reaction score
I bought this betta from a store that was closing down, he was the very last one and he looked very sad so I decided to take him home.. I bought him a 2.5 gallon, a heater, and a filter along with some fake plants. I knew this tank was only temporary though..
c3JxA2c.jpg

I didn't think he was sick.. just needed a bit of tlc! My friend thought he was a female because his fins were so small! I named him Miso <3
h5qNQ4q.jpg

Here is is just two weeks later! This is the established 29 gallon I got from my grandma that's I have worked hard to set up.
KdGmA5u.jpg

He lives in here now with a couple compatible tank mates he seems to be very happy! I can even see him getting some color on him! Here are some pics I too much this morning... he's swims around so much that it's hard to get a goodnight shot of him with all his fins spread out.
Uv6qbsr.jpg

The only set back on his fins is that he did snag the top one on some wood, I don't have any sharp edges but his favorite spot is in between the glass and a piece of driftwood! I moved the wood back a bit to make more room for him. The rest of his fins are looking great!
PzdKn8r.jpg

I especcially like this because it shows how fluent his fins are when he swims (even though it's blurry from the movement)
2f3mAh9.jpg

He still has a way to go before I believe he will be showing his true colors

Last edited:
I bought this betta from a store that was closing down, he was the very last one and he looked very sad so I decided to take him home.. I bought him a 2.5 gallon, a heater, and a filter along with some fake plants. I knew this tank was only temporary though..
c3JxA2c.jpg

I didn't think he was sick.. just needed a bit of tlc! My friend thought he was a female because his fins were so small! I named him Miso <3
h5qNQ4q.jpg

Here is is just two weeks later! This is the established 29 gallon I got from my grandma that's I have worked hard to set up.
KdGmA5u.jpg

He lives in here now with a couple compatible tank mates he seems to be very happy! I can even see him getting some color on him! Here are some pics I too much this morning... he's swims around so much that it's hard to get a goodnight shot of him with all his fins spread out.
Uv6qbsr.jpg

The only set back on his fins is that he did snag the top one on some wood, I don't have any sharp edges but his favorite spot is in between the glass and a piece of driftwood! I moved the wood back a bit to make more room for him. The rest of his fins are looking great!
PzdKn8r.jpg

I especcially like this because it shows how fluent his fins are when he swims (even though it's blurry from the movement)
2f3mAh9.jpg

He still has a way to go before I believe he will be showing his true colors
Lovely tank and Im glad your little friend has so much room now! I sure wish I had space for a 30 gal. tank for my betta, but right now my betta is waiting for his 10g. upgrade (the search for a reliable stand continues!).

If I might ask what are those smaller blurred fish in the background? They kind of look like red glowfish danio of some sort, but I could be wrong. It's just that some small schooling fish have a habit of being fin nippers I had a heck of a time with danios to the point I don't ever want to keep a school of them again :fish:

Lovely tank and Im glad your little friend has so much room now! I sure wish I had space for a 30 gal. tank for my betta, but right now my betta is waiting for his 10g. upgrade (the search for a reliable stand continues!).

If I might ask what are those smaller blurred fish in the background? They kind of look like red glowfish danio of some sort, but I could be wrong. It's just that some small schooling fish have a habit of being fin nippers I had a heck of a time with danios to the point I don't ever want to keep a school of them again :fish:
They are rummy nose tetras! So far I haven't had any problems with them but I only have three answer I'm planning on getting more so I'm not sure how they will react in greater numbers. But I've heard these tetras are good with bettas

Very cool. At first I thought the betta had the 29 to himself, was good say he's too spoiled. lol

But I've heard these tetras are good with bettas

Who told you that? Male Bettas are not the best of tank mates with anything, They are moody and temperamental, It will all depend on the Betta, some are OK with tank mates some are not. Females are no different.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back