Betta just sits at the bottom, doesnt want to eat

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Damiri

Reaction score
I've had Jean-Luc for about 6 months and he was always very active. Whenever he saw anyone approach his tank he did his "feed me! feed me!" dance. I fed him four pellets in the morning and four pellets in the evening and on weekends he was fasted (he is a work fish). He is in a 5 gallon planted tank with heater. Wednesday afternoon i noticed he is lying on the bottom instead at the top of his heater or thermometer which are his favorite spots. He didnt want to come up for feeding. The next morning he was still at the bottom. When i coaxed him to swim up to the surface he ate one pellet but wasnt interested in more and spent the rest of the day on the bottom. He is still there now. He hasnt eaten since that one pellet and is just sitting there. I am worried about him because this is definitely not normal.

I do regular water changes and just tested water now and ammonia, nitrites and nitrates are all at zero (well nitrates might be a touch more than zero). Temperature is 80F. I feed him only what he can eat so there is no uneaten food floating in the tank. The tank is cycled. I am going to do a 50% water change today (I brought some media from an established tank at home in case my water change removes too much of the good bacteria) and was thinking of putting in some betta fix. I dont know what else to do to help him.

Attachments

• JLP1 (2).jpg
    JLP1 (2).jpg
    445 KB · Views: 96

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back