Betta Help!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Chase16016

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Just got the little guy. Put him in a 2.5 gallon filtered tank that Iā€™m using to reproduce snails for my puffer fish to eat. Well 48 hours in, half his face looks to be shedding. Any ideas what it is? He swims around a little, bit he lays on the bottom of the tank a lot too. His attitude hasnā€™t developed yet since heā€™s so new to the tank. The tankā€™s running on water thatā€™s already been cycling for a long time from another tank of mine. Iā€™ve attatched a photo of him. Let me know what yā€™all think!

Attachments

• 8C4EA851-1151-4324-81A0-0F4F2EE51D24.jpeg
    8C4EA851-1151-4324-81A0-0F4F2EE51D24.jpeg
    887.8 KB · Views: 113
Tank size: 2.5 gallon (New)
pH: 7.6 ish
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 0
kH: -
gH: -
tank temp: ~76

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): Swims jittery at times, other times heā€™s really still. Normal Betta activity I guess

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Water changes are always done weekly

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Betta and about a dozen small snails (reproduced as food for my puffer fish in a different tank)

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): None

Exposure to chemicals: None

Hey everybody. Just got the little guy. Put him in a 2.5 gallon filtered tank that Iā€™m using to reproduce snails for my puffer fish to eat. Well 48 hours in, half his face looks to be shedding. Any ideas what it is? He swims around a little, bit he lays on the bottom of the tank a lot too. His attitude hasnā€™t developed yet since heā€™s so new to the tank. The tankā€™s running on water thatā€™s already been cycling for a long time from another tank of mine. Iā€™ve attatched a photo of him. Let me know what yā€™all think!
His face is shedding, as in scales are falling off or he has a growing wound? Depending on his age its not odd for betta to change color, especially "koi" betta. When i rescued my betta the store told me he started out as a bumblebee betta with a blue body and yellow fins. When his fins regrew he was all blue.

He had some growing patch on his face. You can see it in the photo attatched in the original post. He passed this morning. Never found out what it was. Today I went back to the same store he was purchased at only a few short days ago, and they had every single Betta removed from their shelves. Makes me wonder if they got a sick group in :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back