Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Betta has a while bumpy scale

Discussion in 'Member's Aquarium and Fish Pictures' started by Jana, Nov 29, 2018.

?

Need help to treat betta scale

1. Help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Me plz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jana

Jana New Member

Hello everyone, I have this betta fish named Boris, had him for half a year, he recently had some kind of velvet disease he recovered from and is eating well and seems healthy, however he has a strange external tumor I believe of some sort and idk how to treat it.
    Hope this picture can give answers, thanks

Attached Files:

2. Colin_T

Colin_T Member

Hi and a belated welcome to the forum :)
    Sorry about the late response but some of the new threads have been taking a very long time to show up :)

How big is his tank?
    How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?
    Do you gravel clean the substrate when doing water changes?
    Do you dechlorinate the water before adding it to the tank?

Does the tank have a filter on it?
    If yes, how often and how do you clean the filter?

How long has he had the white bit for?

Can you post a picture of the fish from the front and side view so we can see the dot from different angles?

------------------------
    It is not whitespot (Ich) so do not treat it for anything until we get more information.

------------------------
    If you are bored and want something to read, the following link has information about what to do if your fish gets sick. It's pretty long and boring but can offer some info as to why fish get sick.
    http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

3. Jana

Jana New Member

Hello and yes I clean and dechlorinate his water/tank. Here are more pictures, he had it for a month or so

Attached Files:

4. Colin_T

Colin_T Member

It's a bit hard to tell what it is from the angle but I will say it's either a tumour or a cyst. These can be fast growing and get bigger over a month or so, or slow growing and take a year to do anything.

There is nothing you can do about tumours or cysts in fish and you just monitor it and see how it goes. If it causes breathing or swimming problems, or the fish stops eating, then you euthanize the fish. Otherwise just feed him a varied diet and keep the tank clean and let him live out his life.