Betta Getting Extremely Fat..

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ogrt48

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
He's getting extremely fat and looks like a swimming marble.. something had to be wrong with him. he's been getting larger and larger over the months now. He still goes crazy swimming whenever I come up to him and he can swim to the top for food just fine but he spends the rest of the time towards the bottem.. Any idea whats wrong with him?

He's huge but seems happy =\

Perhaps a fasting day is in order for this little guy. Let him go for a day without food about once a week.
How much are you feeding him? It may help us gage why he’s becoming so round. :)

i'd do 1 starve day, 1 cooked deshelled pea day and then 1 starve day again and see if the bloated ness comes down at all. and look out for poop.

is it regular roundness? no irregularity to it? like more bulging on one side or another?
how old is he and how much have you been feeding him?

I just feed him a small pinch of flakes once a day. I've already tried not feeding him for a few days quite a few times over the past 3-4 months he's been fat. It's even on both sides but he's really the size of a marble, maybe even a little larger. He's pooping just fine also. Water quality is nice too. I got him from petland atleast 6 months ago, if not even a little bit more than that.

I just feed him a small pinch of flakes once a day. I've already tried not feeding him for a few days quite a few times over the past 3-4 months he's been fat. It's even on both sides but he's really the size of a marble, maybe even a little larger. He's pooping just fine also. Water quality is nice too. I got him from petland atleast 6 months ago, if not even a little bit more than that.

That was smart thinking of you. I didn't even jump to that thought. I really hope its just too much food though. :nod:
Here are some pictures of scales sticking out as an example:
http://www.flippersandfins.net/Dropsy.htm

Most reactions

Back