Betta Food...tropical Fish Food...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

VidVid

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hey....im not an expert with bettas but is it ok for bettas just to consume normal tropcal fish flakes or pellets or do you have to specifically buy them betta flakes or pellets...i am thinking that the betta food has more protein but what benefit does it bring to the fish and what disadvantage does normal tropical fish food bring to bettas, if there is any....

My betta wont touch ordinary flake food, i hear it makes them constipated :X Frozen bloodworms go down well if thats any help to you, not sure about betta flakes, i think they prefer moist food :)

hey....im not an expert with bettas but is it ok for bettas just to consume normal tropcal fish flakes or pellets or do you have to specifically buy them betta flakes or pellets...i am thinking that the betta food has more protein but what benefit does it bring to the fish and what disadvantage does normal tropical fish food bring to bettas, if there is any....

To put it simply, the flake food for bettas is formulated more after bettas and tropical flake fish tood is a broader term and many brands of tropical flake food won't be as good. Bettas are healthier and happier if they get a variety of foods. You can buy a good quality betta flake food and some frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp (I recommend hikari brand), and even wingless fruit flies if you like, and that would be great. The frozen foods will last you a long time for one betta...just shave off a little of the cubes into a shallow dish or cup with tank water in it or treated water, use your finger or an eye dropper to feed small amounts at a time, and your betta will be happy. Try to give your fish variety. It's healthier and more fun for them. No one wants to eat the same thing every day. 8)

Most reactions

Back