Betta eye problem

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Becky00

Reaction score
My female fighters behavior is normal and she is eating plenty but I noticed that her eyes have recently turned white and I'm not sure what the problem is, she looks otherwise normal and healthy and my other female fighter seems fine, does anyone have any ideas what it is or how to treat it?
Snapchat-953077053.jpg
Snapchat-953077053.jpg
Snapchat-953077053.jpg
Snapchat-953077053.jpg

She looks like she has Diamond eye, quite common in Dragon scale Bettas. Diamond eye is when a betta's scales grow over it's eye, causing it to go blind.

Adding Banana leaf or Indian almond leaf to the water will thin the scales over her eyes and slow the process down. It will also stain your water making it look yellow.

Please note a Betta can live quite happily blind. I have a female with Diamond eye in a sorority tank, but will soon be setting up a tank just for her.

She looks like she has Diamond eye, quite common in Dragon scale Bettas. Diamond eye is when a betta's scales grow over it's eye, causing it to go blind.

Adding Banana leaf or Indian almond leaf to the water will thin the scales over her eyes and slow the process down. It will also stain your water making it look yellow.

Please note a Betta can live quite happily blind. I have a female with Diamond eye in a sorority tank, but will soon be setting up a tank just for her.

Thank you, but Im concerned now because this morning it appears that my other female betta is getting a spot of white on her eye the same as the other fish, is it contagious?

No it is not.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back