Betta emergency

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Alliestarr

Reaction score
my Betta jumped out of his bowl (heā€™s been in it for four years, very happy) his water is warm and clean, Iā€™m not sure how long he was out for but as soon as I saw him I put him straight back into his bowl. His fins look a little damaged bur apart from that heā€™s fine, heā€™s very stressed and is lethargic breathing slowly but he does get energy here and there to swim around the tank with energy but then floats to the bottom again. I donā€™t want him to die!

At the moment I turned off the light for the room heā€™s in to make it dark to hopefully be less stressful?

All you can really do is keep him quiet and calm; not letting the light be too bright will definitely be a help.

Is his bowl filtered and heated? He will need very clean water and stable conditions to give him the best chance of recovery.

All you can really do is keep him quiet and calm; not letting the light be too bright will definitely be a help.

Is his bowl filtered and heated? He will need very clean water and stable conditions to give him the best chance of recovery.

Not filtered, he was very stressed and didnā€™t like it when it was filtered even at the low setting so I just do water changes every second day and heā€™s been happy for four years. Iā€™ve turned off all the lights and am hoping for the best :( but heā€™s warm

I put his favourite food the tiniest pinch in and he had a little so thatā€™s a good sign :) heā€™ll go through a spurt of energy and then sit at the bottom lethargic and then spurt of energy which is his usual self.. so least heā€™s doing that instead of just being lethargic!

Just don't do anything too drastic. Get him back on his routine little by little

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Heā€™s all better now :) his fins are still a little damaged but heā€™s not stressed at all, really happy, swimming around like usual and eating. Iā€™ve ordered a new tank for him with a closed lid so wonā€™t be happening again, and also some betta medicine to help his fins! Thank you for the advice :)

Which medicine have you ordered? Some are better than other, particularly for bettas.

I would wait to see if his fins heal with just plenty of water changes before adding a medication to the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back