Betta Disease Identification Help???

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tideyes

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm super lost in all the forums and info on the internet, I can't seem to find anything that helps me. Can't post on the "Betta" forum either it seems so...
I have a female beta and she's been looking and doing great until now. I had her in an unfiltered 2 gallon tank previously with a beta heater (I know betas need a filter to be healthy but I live in a small town and had to get a filter and bigger tank ordered online so it took a while...) and she is now in her new freshly cycled tank with a filter, lots of silk and live plants and hiding spaces. Anyways before her move to her bigger home she developed three strange grey/white slightly raised patches on her back and left side. It doesn't have any stringy bits floating off the patches and there is no red/inflammation to be seen. Her gills look normal and healthy and she breathes normally too.
After doing loads of research I thought it might be a fungus...and used API's Fungus Cure (which did nothing) After doing more research I concluded maybe it wasn't actually a fungus and maybe Flexibacter columnaris which is apparently bacterial. However She is still lively and active and shows no other signs or symptoms of illness. Ill post pics with a flash (velvet??) and pics without...its hard to get a good picture of the patches but I will try. Help is very appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_6836.JPG
    IMG_6836.JPG
    551.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_6844.PNG
    IMG_6844.PNG
    295.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6845.PNG
    IMG_6845.PNG
    399.9 KB · Views: 189
Thanks for the reply essjay...
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to look like lymphocytis based on the picture you attached and when I browsed pictures of this online
Patches are more kindof spread out. How I wish I could get a decent picture of it...haha.

Lymphocystis is incurable, but if that's not what your betta has it could well be curable.

Which country are you in? Medications vary from country to country.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back