Betta Changing Color?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CoolOzzy

Reaction score
My boss's betta was dark blue when he first got him. He is one year old and now is pale, almost white. He is getting whiter and whiter. Is this normal? What could it be?

CoolOzzy

Thanks for writing back. I have got a call into my boss now asking him what size tank or vase his fish is in, by itself or with another fish, and has it been acting different here lately. I will let you know these details shortly.

If possible we would also like ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings...

if its in a vase with the plant on top with dangling roots and the plant is dying the plant mite be puting toxins in the water :crazy:

unfortunatly when my bettas have lost color like that they shortly died.
Betta's only live 2-3 years so when you say this betta was a year old do you mean that your boss has had the fish 4 a year? Most betta's purchased from pet stores are about a year old.

When I lost mine they were in tanks with ideal water prams & they showed no signs of illness...I was told by a breeder this is betta old age..

I'm really sorry for being the bearer of bad news :-(

I also hope I am wrong in this case Good Luck & let us know how it turns out.

I think its the dead plant that is doing harm to the betta. Dead stuff couldn't be good for it. Get rid of the plant and get the fish some new water. When ever I go to the petstore they always have the bettas in these tiny bowls where they can't turn around and yet say that they are perfectly happy and when they are floating dead they say its natural. Pet store employees usually don't know as much as they think they know.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back