Betta cannot sink

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Schwartr

Reaction score
Hello all. I joined the forums because I have a sick betta on my hands and cannot make him better.
I've had him for about a month. He was only eating blood worms until last week when I finally found a pellet he will eat (northfin)
Unfortunately I have been over feeding him. About 6 1 mm pellets 2x a day for a week. Now he cannot sink. He is active and begs for food still.
I have fasted him for 3 days and fed peas. But he is not improving at all.
I'm getting worried and really miss his normal activities. This is been going on for 5 days so far.
He is in a 5.5 gal tank. Heated to 80 degrees. Treated with prime, vita chem, and tetra safe start. I was using aquarium salt but have recently stoped that. I have a tetra i3 filter with the media replaced with bio max.
I do weekly gravel vacs of 2.5 to 3 gals each week when the NH3 is 0.25.

I just don't know how to make him better and am getting scared.

Any help is appreciated. Please and Thank you.

Attachments

• 20170626_064737.jpg
    20170626_064737.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 122
  • 20170626_064712.jpg
    20170626_064712.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
I'm not an expert on fasting them, but you are still over feeding him. I'd keep fasting him though.

Think of your betta's stomach as the size of his eye. He only needs to eat once a day. Presoaking pellets for a few minutes helps too. I usually feed about 4-5 pellets a day (my choice is Hikari betta bio gold).

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back