Betta breed ideas?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kerryjoy

Reaction score
IMG_1023.JPG IMG_0994.JPG
I've got my little Betta who looked hopeless at the pet store, so I gave him a home. Wasn't 100% sure what bread he was, I'm thinking a Veiltail....his top fin looks a little crown like though .... any ideas to the professional eye? :)
I can do better pictures if it's hard to see, trouble is he is always shooting around the tank!!

He has grown quite abit the last month, but I'm guessing he has a lot more growing to do?

Kerry

Not a veil tail or his tail would of tapered off to a point and became more droopy. Perhaps a super delta? Try getting a pic of him flaring with all his fins erect. He could be a mix of fin types but I can't say for sure

Enlight1.jpg Enlight1.jpg
It's the top fin that gets me but like you say, maybe a mix? :) Any ideas?

Not a veil tail or his tail would of tapered off to a point and became more droopy. Perhaps a super delta? Try getting a pic of him flaring with all his fins erect. He could be a mix of fin types but I can't say for sure

There are some other "sub categories" where fin types are crossed. Half suns and comb tails are a few of them. I think he resembles a half sun, which is part crown tail and part half moon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back